Failed outfit of the day

Here is a link to the dress I’m wearing: stripped Warehouse dress

Haven’t do an outfit of the day post in a while so thought it was time to share with you all my failed attempt at a DSLR selfie.

Never used a DSLR to take a selfie before, so thought seeing as I had it out I would attempt to take a selfie.

Which I thought turned out great until I realised I didn’t have any shoes on, but by that I’d already uploaded the pics and packed the camera away so just decided to stick with it.

Don’t have a clue what settings I was using, all I know is I was in aperture priority mode, and the first one turned out ok, so I just carried on snapping.

Also, If you are wondering I’m using a Nikon D800 with a 50m 1.4 lens.

Still don’t have a clue how to use it properly, so was surprised that the pics I tuck came out looking so good.

So defiantly going to spend some time over the summer holidays practicing how to use the settings.

Hope your all having a great Monday where ever you are in the world, and I will see you again tomorrow night with another new post.

Don’t know what came over me. I’ve spent the past few weeks hardly writing anything, and then I have four big assignments and one lesson plan to do in under two weeks, and I get the blog writing bug.

15 Comments

1. 07/09/2015 / 10:45 pm

Well it would be amazing for me to even get dressed and take a picture. If I’m at home I have sweats on. And if I’m going to work in usually just dressed for the freezing cold rooms at work, so the dress is cute. Shoes or not!

• Alexandra
      08/09/2015 / 8:32 pm

I hear you on this, if it wasn’t for my blog, I probably wouldn’t do it as much. To be honest when I’m at home doing my assignments you’ll find me in my sweats as well 🙂

2. 08/09/2015 / 1:01 pm

Your post made me laugh, but I do like your dress!

• Alexandra
      08/09/2015 / 8:26 pm

Glad you like it you liked the post and the dress is so comfy and it’s dress you can dress up or down, which is always a win win to me 🙂

3. 08/09/2015 / 2:27 pm

I like the picture! For not knowing how to use the camera…you did a great job!

• Alexandra
      08/09/2015 / 8:23 pm

4. 08/09/2015 / 8:18 pm

I don’t think this is a failed selfie at all. It’s kind of cool that you can’t see your face and you have no shoes. I like it!

• Alexandra
      08/09/2015 / 8:22 pm

Ha ha! Never thought of it like that. Thanks so much 🙂

5. 08/09/2015 / 10:54 pm

You will definitely enjoy your camera the more you get to know it. It doesn’t look “failed” to me. It looks cool, actually. 🙂

• Alexandra
      17/09/2015 / 3:12 pm

Sorry I haven’t replied to your comment sooner been really stressed out with Uni. Thanks, good to know that someone think it looks cool might have to try taking some more like this.

6. Cindy Calzone
    08/09/2015 / 11:58 pm

Yeah so I’m over here being totalky jealous of your camera! I want a really nice one so bad but just can’t dish out the dough for one right now. Guess I’ll try to just be grateful for my mediocre one lol. That is a cute dress too by the way!

• Alexandra
      17/09/2015 / 3:23 pm

Sorry I haven’t replied to your comment sooner been really stressed out with Uni. To say you’re using a mediocre camera I think your blog pics look great.

7. 09/09/2015 / 1:26 am

The dress is very cute 🙂

• Alexandra
      17/09/2015 / 3:21 pm

8. Alexandra
    17/09/2015 / 3:21 pm

Sorry I haven’t replied to your comment sooner been really stressed out with Uni That’s sounds like a great idea, never thought of using the timer will defiantly try that out when I get some more free time. Never heard of the app will have to check it out and find one for Nikon.